Saturday, July 25, 2015

My Responsibilities as a Citizen to the Government

As a citizen my responsibilities to my country begin with me being a consumer and buying goods. Not only that, I should also be a producer by having a job, in order to promote the United States economy. Of course I must also follow the laws provided by the government. I Should also vote on the members of government the make those laws, and any other members of government. Lastly, I should help out the community I live in, even if its for my own benefit.

Being a part of a free market economy means the people have control of the market. This means that I have to be a consumer, contributing to the 'food chain' that is our economy. Buying my groceries, a car a home, or anything else I buy makes me a consumer, and by doing so I am providing other citizens jobs. Because if nobody bought what the producers were selling, then they would be out of a job. Which means I should also be a producer, providing people needs and services. In a since being a producer is just giving back to your community, by providing whatever expertise you have to them.

2 comments:

  1. Being a responsible citizen in such a freedom based country, America, is important and a detailed concept. America started by citizens that embrace freedom, any goal you want to pursuit, you may go forward with it. Being a responsible citizen shows your dedication for the country that you live in, wanting the country to become better, and overall, enjoying your presence in the country. Voting, drafting into the military if required, and overall respecting the constitution are some of the basics of being a responsible citizen. Growing up in a corrupt, unsecured country has shown me how being a responsible citizen can affect a country. Iraq, my home country, has a very unstable government, corrupt leaders, and overall, not a trust-able government. The government positions are filled with people who are just in it for the money, not helping one of the first civilizations grow and prosper. Lastly, I want to say no matter what small things you may do to help your country prosper, be happy you live in a country where voting, and serving into the military is not a duty, but a responsibility. America may be one of the best freedom based countries due to concepts the constitution gives you to make us live free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very interesting perspective here about responsibility to one's government being primarily economic in nature. This might be cynical, but I don't see that you're actually wrong. Can you go into more detail?

    ReplyDelete