Thursday, July 23, 2015

Responsibilities as a citizen

Every country has its laws and rules. As a citizen of this country it is our responsibility to abide by these rules and regulations because without them everyone will do what they want. As citizens we are obliged to be responsible and perform our duties right. Our responsibilities as a citizen will be; obeying rules and regulations of this country.
Some rules and regulations are; every citizen should support and defend the constitution, by respecting and obeying the federal law, participate in your local community, respect the rights, beliefs and opinion of others, Participate in your local community, serve on a jury when called upon, defend the country if the need should arise, pay income tax and other tax honestly.
Every citizen is responsible for abiding by these rules. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd also argue that as citizens, it's our job to speak up when the Government is acting up, to speak out and to make and change laws as the needs arise.
    But I wonder about "to participate in your local community"--really? I think that would be great, but I don't know if it's required. I'm all for community building and supporting one another. For example, I paid taxes that supported the education of others even when I had no children in the school systems myself. I agree that this is better for society as a whole. But participation? In what way? Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete