Friday, July 24, 2015

Responsibilities of a citizen

In my opinion the responsibilities of a citizen are to pay taxes , follow the laws giving by the authority and to out help their communities
What do we owe the government
As a Government worker, I feel at most I owe the Government  dedication to serve in my position as a civilian worker.  Report to work on time, and work my designated hours.  No misuse of funds or being deceitful in any way.

As a citizen, I feel I owe the Government taxes as applied by the law.  To live as a law abiding citizen.  Not participate in criminal activity.  Paying taxes allows the Government to build roads, buildings and communities.  The government protects it's citizens with all branches of the military as well as agencies like the NSA, Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, FEMA, The CDC, FDA  Border Patrol, DEA, Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms.  State Government protects by way of law enforcement, the judicial system, welfare agencies and a host of other agencies.  Without any of these agencies, the country could not thrive let alone survive.

Although some disagree with big brother, I shutter to think what this country would be like, if there was no government in place.  Average citizens or militia groups could perform the many tasks, responsibilities or protect the USA without a governing body in place.

1 comment: